If you are looking for dramatic results ahead of a milestone event, consider combining breast and abdominal surgeries. Having a major life event on the horizon, such as a child’s graduation, wedding, or significant class reunion may be prompting you to contemplate a makeover. You may be thinking that a breast procedure and a tummy tuck could help you look years younger. Such an impactful change could be a real confidence booster.
Benefits of Combining Plastic Surgeries
When a person is not a high risk surgical patient, there are benefits to scheduling two procedures at one time.
- One Recovery – A big benefit of combining surgeries is only one recovery period rather than two. This could be helpful when scheduling time off from work or arranging for extra help post-surgery. Healing takes time and disrupts normal routine. Having one recovery period may make things easier for the patient’s family.
- Less Anesthesia – There are always some risks associated with anesthesia. Having both surgeries at the same time reduces the risk, since the patient only has to be under anesthesia once.
- Reduced Costs – Some fees may be less since the surgical center and recovery room is only scheduled once. Anesthesia costs should also be less.
- Stunning Results – A patient can feel regret when not getting everything done at the same time. When only part of their makeover plan was accomplished, they don’t see maximum results. The patient may not look forward to another surgery and recovery in their future.
There are several breast procedures that could be combined with an abdominal surgery.
- Breast Augmentation – Breast implants enhance the breasts by increasing the size and fullness, improving symmetry, and restoring volume lost after pregnancy and childbirth or major weight loss. Breast augmentation is tailored to meet the patient’s specific needs and goals.
- Implant Replacement – Breast implants do not last forever. Women who have implants know that at some point they may need to replace them. Indications that implants should be replaced include asymmetry between breasts, scar tissue that feels hard and painful, leaking or ruptured implants, and any signs of rippling, wrinkling, or dimpling. These abnormalities can occur in both saline and silicone implants.
- Breast Lift – This procedure lifts and contours breasts that look deflated or saggy. Excess skin is removed, and the surrounding tissue is tightened. A breast lift will provide an uplifted and more youthful profile.
Abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck, gets rid of a tummy pooch that has not responded to diet and exercise. Whether the pooch is the result of pregnancy and childbirth or gaining and losing significant weight, damaged abdominal walls are repaired, weakened muscles are restored, and excess fat and skin are removed. The result is a smoother, flatter stomach.
Dr. Cristina Keusch, Board Certified plastic surgeon, has been performing amazing breast and abdominal makeovers at Boca Raton Plastic Surgery Center since 1990. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.